Chinese New Year, that is. I’m really embracing the year of the snake, because it’s one of action, and it’s supposed to be great for business. So I’m keeping my ears and eyes open for new career opportunities. Meanwhile, here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
- I’ve been writing for Delray Beach and Boca Raton magazines on a monthly basis. Both publications won great recognition at the 2012 Florida Magazine Association’s Charlie Awards ceremony, and I’m proud to have been contributing since 2006. I also worked on JES Publishing’s Mizner’s Dream, Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce Annual and Worth Avenue custom publications this past year.
- Another publication that I make regular appearances in is Z-Life, the official magazine of the Zumba Fitness brand. The company has grown by leaps and bounds since opening in 2001, and I know they have major initiatives planned for 2013. Stay tuned!
- This fall, I served as freelance managing editor of BusinessMiami magazine, a quarterly publication for the alumni of the University of Miami School of Business. We’ll be starting work on the spring issue soon.
- I also edited a couple book projects this past year: a history of the Bahamian island and private club Cat Cay and a children’s book by the Center for Creative Education.
- In online news, I copy edited the entire website for the City of Homestead, as part of its rebranding campaign.
Happy Near Year to all, and may the snake bring you good fortune!